Black Lives Matter
Inside Podcasting put together a list of resources:
We are taking a break from our regular programming today to bring you tangible ways to get informed/stay educated on issues of race, support the #BlackLivesMatter movement, and put an end to police brutality and racial injustice.
Inside Podcasting (Jun 3rd, 2020)
Mashable:
12 excellent podcasts with black hosts for pop culture, politics, or history fans
NYT: 5 Podcasts at the Intersection of Pride Month and the Black Lives Matter Movement
Black Podcasting Awards:
Awards Debut To Celebrate Black Podcasters
Other News
This isn't new-news but I hadn't read about it, and I'm excited, because Tessa Thompson:
Amazon Studios Wins Rights To Turn QCode Sci-Fi Podcast ‘The Left Right Game’ Into TV Series With Tessa Thompson Producing
There's a podcast section in this article from The Guardian:
Staying in for the summer: the 50 best cultural events to experience at home
Whiskey has a podcast! Yay whiskey, hero of our time: New Podcast Explores Whiskey’s Biggest Names
This is a podcast set in the universe of the show 'Insecure'. It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. (I really liked the idea of overlapping media platforms inside the same universe.)
Issa Rae Debuts In-Universe ‘Insecure’ Podcast ‘Looking for LaToya’
What have you been listening to?
Exolore, which I'm finding very relaxing, just a bunch of nerds geeking out about planets. In this episode, they worked up an aquatic moon along the lines of Europa. Featuring matrilineal squids!
Water World
Scaredy-Cat Horror Show is on its second last episode, and they made poor PJ watch two Ari Aster movies consecutively: Hereditary and Midsommar.
#4 Hereditary and Midsommar
ArtCurious covered sculptor Edmonia Lewis:
Episode #65: The Coolest Artists You Don't Know: Edmonia Lewis
How about you?
Inside Podcasting put together a list of resources:
We are taking a break from our regular programming today to bring you tangible ways to get informed/stay educated on issues of race, support the #BlackLivesMatter movement, and put an end to police brutality and racial injustice.
Inside Podcasting (Jun 3rd, 2020)
Mashable:
12 excellent podcasts with black hosts for pop culture, politics, or history fans
NYT: 5 Podcasts at the Intersection of Pride Month and the Black Lives Matter Movement
Black Podcasting Awards:
Awards Debut To Celebrate Black Podcasters
Other News
This isn't new-news but I hadn't read about it, and I'm excited, because Tessa Thompson:
Amazon Studios Wins Rights To Turn QCode Sci-Fi Podcast ‘The Left Right Game’ Into TV Series With Tessa Thompson Producing
There's a podcast section in this article from The Guardian:
Staying in for the summer: the 50 best cultural events to experience at home
Whiskey has a podcast! Yay whiskey, hero of our time: New Podcast Explores Whiskey’s Biggest Names
This is a podcast set in the universe of the show 'Insecure'. It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. (I really liked the idea of overlapping media platforms inside the same universe.)
Issa Rae Debuts In-Universe ‘Insecure’ Podcast ‘Looking for LaToya’
What have you been listening to?
Exolore, which I'm finding very relaxing, just a bunch of nerds geeking out about planets. In this episode, they worked up an aquatic moon along the lines of Europa. Featuring matrilineal squids!
Water World
Scaredy-Cat Horror Show is on its second last episode, and they made poor PJ watch two Ari Aster movies consecutively: Hereditary and Midsommar.
#4 Hereditary and Midsommar
ArtCurious covered sculptor Edmonia Lewis:
Episode #65: The Coolest Artists You Don't Know: Edmonia Lewis
How about you?
no subject
Date: 2020-06-22 10:46 am (UTC)That's really my main new discovery later - I'm also checking out a podcast called The Fax Machine, after one of their hosts guested on Exolore.
In fiction podcasts, I finished my re-listen of The Far Meridian, and have started on the post-S2 minisodes that came out recently. In The Penumbra Podcast, I've listened to The Sportive Nymphs and have started on Juno Steel and the Long Way Home - so the end of S2 is actually in sight, unbelievably. Though I'm still more than a year and a half behind where the show is currently!
I've started checking out some new fiction podcasts, and the main ones I've progressed on are Under the Electric Stars (cyberpunk by and with people of colour and queer people), and Valence (which has Ishani Kanetkar! and there are other interesting things about it, too). And I listened to the part one of Moonbase Remixed. It felt so weird to hear all these different people's takes on Roger, but also really cool. Going to start on part 2 soon. And apparently the prequel series is finally becoming generally available.